Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Across America - Adios Miami!

The Big Move...


After 7 years and 9.5 months in beautiful Miami, I am moving cross country to California. After 1 year and 4.5 months of the long distance relationship, my husband and I are finally moving together. So, in all aspects, this is a BIG move! Good riddance to the long-distance and a heavy-hearted good bye to my second home --- MY-ami, so long!


We decided to make the move "bigger" and more adventurous - we are driving across the country - yesss!!! I have been mighty excited about it from the day the thought occurred to me. I have to say, Madhav was initially apprehensive due to work and other reasons but I guess eventually he convinced himself and here we are, 1.5 more weeks to go, the countdown begins!!


To my family for being the reason I moved to Miami, for your undying love, care and support during these almost-8 years, to my husband for loving this place as much as I do (yes, it matters!), to my wonderful friends who cared enough to make my life in Miami memorable (and those special ones that visited me, I know you all can't get enough of this city!) - THANK YOU!



The Route...

We considered 3 different routes -

  • I-10, the southern most stretch
  • Route66 the historic stretch
  • I-80 so we can stop by in CO and say hello to the prettiest princesses we know (that would be our nieces in Erie, CO).
The first option looked too boring after Houston and the 3rd option was way up North which meant more driving hours so we picked Route66 (sorry girls but we will see you soon though :))

So here's our route (by State):

  • Miami-Orlando-Gainesville-Tally-Pensacola
  • New Orleans -Natchitoches-Shreveport
  • Duncan
  • Amarillo
  • Alburquerque
  • Flagstaff-Hoover Dam (Boulder City)
  • Bakersfield-Gilroy-San Jose-Santa Clara
That covers 7 states (FL, LA, OK, TX, NM, AZ, CA) and 4 of the Top 50 U.S. states. (Dallas, San Jose, Alburquerque, Miami)

Today is a special day - Bubby & Spill closed on their first ever house (congratulations Erie-ites) and baby Rhea arrives (congratulations to A&P and their family).

No comments:

Post a Comment